For this installment I will take a slightly different approach and will be using a no-churn ice cream. This style ice cream is a great base for adding all kinds of things; crushed Oreo cookies, cake, sponge candy, etc.
This ice cream only requires 4 ingredients and takes only 10 minutes to make, but it needs to freeze for a minimum of 6 hours, overnight is best. I will be using crushed Oreo cookies as the add in for the ice cream.
This recipe as listed below will make about 2 quarts of ice cream.
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups of crushed Oreo’s, not too fine so that you still get the texture of the cookie.
- Take 15 Oreo cookies and break them up in a plastic bag using a rolling pin or mallet
- Add the heavy cream in the mixing, run on medium for about 3 minutes until soft peaks form
- During the whipping add in the teaspoon of vanilla extra extract.
- After the heavy cream is whipped to soft peaks, add the can of sweetened condensed milk
- blend it all together, on low speed for a few seconds.
- Fold in the crushed cookies
- Transfer to ice cream containers and freeze for 6 hours minimum
- Enjoy that yummy ice cream