Personally I don’t like mint ice cream, mint in any food for that matter, but the rest of the family loves it, so I’m giving it a try. My wife will be the taste tester.
The base is a vanilla ice cream that I have used for other recipes. This is very easy to make since I’m using peppermint extract. When the season is right I will make ice cream using fresh mint.
This recipe as listed below will make about 2 quarts of ice cream.
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 2 cups of half and half
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of semi sweet mini chocolate chips
You will need an ice cream maker
- Add the heavy cream, Half & Half, sugar, vanilla extract and peppermint extract into a bowl .
- Mix until everything is combined and sugar is dissolved.
- Transfer to ice cream maker and churn using manufacturers instructions. Typically 45 minutes.
- 20 minutes into churning, add the mini chocolate chips.
- continue churning process.
- put the ice cream in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Enjoy that yummy ice cream
The cream tasted great according the my family members. To me it’s like eating toothpaste, but everyone seemed to enjoy the minty dessert.