One of my nieces who loves ice cream requested to make pink ice cream, like strawberry ice cream. Now strawberry season is long gone here, so I decided to use frozen organic strawberries, hoping the sweetness will be good.
The base is a vanilla ice cream that is not custard based. I looked at different recipes on line but I ended up using my own proportions. It requires only a few steps, and within an hour or so you could be eating this frozen delight.
This recipe as listed below will make about a quart and a half of ice cream.
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 2 cups of half and half
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of frozen strawberries
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
You will need an ice cream maker
- put the half thawed strawberries in a blender and pulse until desired consistency.
- Add the cream, Half & Half and sugar.
- Mix until everything is combined.
- Transfer to ice cream maker and churn using manufacturers instructions. Typically 45 minutes
- Put the ice cream in a freezer container for at least 1 hour.
- Enjoy that yummy ice cream
There were no bits of strawberries in the ice cream, everything is nice and smooth, Fiona will be over on Sunday to taste the pink ice cream. Hopefully she approves. 🙂